Continuing its crusade against Google, Microsoft has launched a new initiative in their Scroogled campaign, selling anti-Google merchandise on their online store. As you may know, Scroogled is Microsoft’s campaign where they try to hammer down the point that Google is stealing your personal data in exchange for offering you free services..
Now to drive home that point further, Microsoft will sell you mugs, caps and T-shirts with Scroogled written on it so you never forget what happens to you when you use Google products. Or at least that’s what Microsoft hopes.
By now it is pretty clear that Microsoft has become that kid who tells a joke for the 637th time because someone laughed the first time. Although dissing your competition is not new, selling actual merchandise to do it is on a different level altogether. What’s next, Microsoft employees keying Google employees’ cars?
- Microsoft wants to sell you anti-Google mugs and t-shirts (theverge.com)
- Microsoft takes anti-Google ‘Scroogled’ campaign to T-shirts, mugs (bizjournals.com)
- Microsoft Now Selling Google-Bashing Merchandise, Just in Time for the Holidays (adage.com)
- Scroogled campaign hits new low: Microsoft introduces Scroogled merchandise (androidauthority.com)
- Microsoft selling real anti-Google ‘Scroogled’ tees and mugs (phonearena.com)